Caring For Your Items
Vegan Leather Accessories
Our walking accessories are made of supple vegan leather. We like to think of our items as 'Sunday Best' for dogs - we recommend mixing up your accessory use to ensure minimum wear and tear. Although if your pet happens to be having a good time and happens to get mucky - don't panic! Follow our care instructions below to maintain your new accessories.
1. You new accessories can be cleaned with a slightly warm, damp cloth. Please avoid any harsh chemicals that may mark, stain or scratch the vegan leather.
2. All of our vegan leather goods have a wax sealant piping. Please take care when using two leads together, with other materials or with extreme friction to avoid any breakage. Keep away from rough surfaces.
3. Whilst our vegan leather accessories are all weather proof, we do not recommend submerging your new items in water at any point.
4. Please avoid salt water at all costs or wearing your items on the beach - this can significantly impact the wear & tear on your items.
5. We recommend checking your accessories for any wear and tear before and after any outings.
6. Please do not leave your pet unattended whilst wearing our items for their safety. Take collars and leads off when you get home to avoid unseen accidents.
If you have discovered an issue with your item, please contact us and we will do our best to help you.
DISCLAIMER: Our collars have a small loop on the front, made specifically for your ID tag. Do not attach your dogs lead to this part of the collar as it is not able to withstand pressure when pulling. Please use the large D ring attached to the back of the collar for best practice.
We like to think of our handmade tags as collar jewellery for dogs - we recommend mixing up your accessory use to ensure minimum wear and tear.
Our collar jewellery is handmade using resin. Resin is a hard wearing and water resistant material. However, it does require a certain amount of upkeep to ensure it stays looking its best. Take a look at our care instructions below so you can get the most out of your new tags.
To avoid damage to your tag, we highly recommend the following-
1. Avoid submerging your item in water - particularly sea water as this will damage the item and it may become brittle. It can also cause the item to cloud and tarnish. If your item does get wet, ensure you dry it off soon after.
2. Avoid harsh chemicals when cleaning - a standard glass polish will help keep the shine and get rid of any dirt. Only use the smallest amount. You can also clean with slightly warm water and soap, but a gentle polish is preferred.
3. Check for cracks/chips within the resin after use. Any hard force or general wear can cause cracks or chips. This may affect the usability of the tag. Please note: larger breeds of dog are more likely to cause more wear & tear to our handcrafted resin items.
4. If your dog is prone to chewing their tags, or they are still a puppy, please consider this when allowing your dog to wear the item. Resin will not withstand a chew from sharp puppy teeth or a bored adult dog.
5. Avoid leaving your tags in sunlight - this could turn the resin soft, and also fade the design of your tag, particularly the natural materials.
6. If your collar has a large metal buckle, make sure your tag does not swing too low i.e on a long clip, or multiple attachment rings. When your dog head shakes, this could cause the identity tag to smash against the clip and crack/break, depending how strong your dog is.
7. Do not wear your items with a stretched split ring - you could risk losing your tag. We have larger attachment rings available if you think you need a larger option, or smaller options if you need a replacement.
8. All metals are coated only and colour may wear off over time.
Tails and Bloom can not accept any liability for tags that have been damaged by your pet.
Tags are handcrafted and not designed for brutal force, harsh weather conditions or prolonged exposure to water or sunshine. We consider our handcrafted tags as 'Sunday Best' wear, so please bare this in mind when purchasing.
If you believe you have a faulty tag, or have any questions, please get in touch.
For safety guidelines on our items:
1. Items are not to be worn by your pet whilst left unattended. We highly recommend removing any and all accessories to maximum safety.
2. Items are not chew proof, therefore we recommend wearing them with supervision at all times.
3. Keep items out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time (particularly our collar jewellery, which is used with natural pressed materials)
4. For maximum longevity of your items, please see our Care Guidelines page.
5. It is your responsibility to check your items before use, to ensure that all are in good working order & fit for purpose.
6. The small tag loop to the front of your collar is not for lead attachment. Please ensure you use the reverse D ring on the back for maximum safety.